This article was originally posted on The LTB Network - a publishing platform created for content providers to present the ideas and people involved with cryptocurrency — through podcasts, articles, and discussion forums.
‘œEverybody has a bias, the important thing is not to Grandstand about having no bias. We see this with internet privacy in general, the narrative is framed by saying, some criminals are using it so let’s make the privacy worse for 99% of users who are law-abiding. That’s problematic because at some point it’s going to fall into the wrong hands.’ ‘”Matt Odell
Bitcoin is a tool for financial freedom, but not everyone who buys it understands that this means it also comes with more individual responsibility. In this episode, Dave Hollerith talks with Matt Odell, an active privacy advocate and educator in the Bitcoin Community, to discuss:
- Bitcoin 2020 Conference in SF
- The most effective ways to educate people about Bitcoin
- Bitcoin narratives from the mainstream media
- The problem with the Bitcoin payment app, PEI
- Why Tor was a major part of the blocksize debate
- Opsec and privacy tips (SIM swaps)
- What Matt thinks is overhyped V. underhyped
- Bitcoin Time Traveler (Reddit)
- Bitcoin Has Lost Steam… (NYT)
- Tales from the Crypt (Last Rabbit Hole Recap)
DISCLAIMER: The following content is for informational purposes only. You should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained in this presentation constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by BTC Media, The Let’s Talk Bitcoin Network, or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments.