This article was originally posted on The Bitcoin News - a trusted site covering numerous topics related to Bitcoin since 2012.
Bitcoin Press Release: Bratislava Castle is to host the 2019 BLOCKWALKS conference. The event will host notable key speakers, connecting Blockchain and smart technology with the public sector.
15th June 2019, BRATISLAVA – This October the halls of the Bratislava Castle will resonate with the ideas, thoughts, and discussions from some of the brightest minds in the worlds of blockchain and smart tech. Overlooking the old town of Bratislava, the magical atmosphere of the castle will host the second annual BLOCKWALKS conference, focusing on technology trends driving smart cities.
Top level government officials and industry leaders from innovative sectors including smart technology, blockchain, AI and Internet of Things will gather to discuss and understand the role that blockchain technology will play in the public sector in the coming years.
Last year, BLOCKWALKS inaugural event had more than 18 speakers from 16 different countries and hosted over 300 attendees, as well as 30 government representatives from 10 European countries.
According to Andrea Stoklasová, President of the Slovak civil association PUBLICUM organizing BLOCKWALKS,
“Like last year’s conference, the main focus of BLOCKWALKS 2019 is on the implementation of blockchain in the public sector and its potential in building smart cities. The aim of smart cities is to incorporate information, communication, and technology in order to improve the quality and performance of infrastructure, urban services, resource management, and social wellness in general. We want to increase the pace of adoption, and this conference is the place to foster these ideas.”
Andrea Stoklasová continued,
“Governments are already looking at improving their city infrastructures and social welfare through smart technology, but to support the implementation of new technological innovations, a reliable and secure way of storing and distributing information is needed. Blockchain technology might just be the perfect answer.”
The program of this year’s BLOCKWALKS Blockchain conference consists of three blocks: The Plenary Block, the Breakout Blocks, and Panel Discussions.
The Plenary Block will host a succession of keynote speeches held by top blockchain and smart city experts, and government officials. The Breakout Block is in the form of technological sessions, discussing blockchain technology’s use cases, smart technology, and IoT. The Panel Discussion focuses on open debates about future technologies between industry leaders.
Many illustrious speakers are already confirmed, including:
- Dr. Stefan Junestrand, Co-founder and CEO of Grupo Tecma Red (Spain). Holding a Ph.D. in Architecture, Junestrand is an expert in smart cities, intelligent buildings, sustainability, and blockchain, having written more than a dozen books and scientific papers.
- Dr. Michael Gebert, the Chairman of the European Blockchain Association, an organization that coordinates the blockchain-related activities of European corporations, startups, venture capitalists, and scientific institutes.
- Marten Kaevats, the National Digital Advisor in the Government Office of Estonia, or unofficially, the Chief Innovation Officer of Estonia. Through study and analysis, Mr. Kaevats understands the impact of various scalable technologies on the spatial behavior of individuals and communities.
- Jerome Grilleres, the General Manager for Europe at VeChain, boasting over 15 years of experience in the finance industry working for Goldman Sachs and Barclays Bank. His background in both technologies as well as finance has allowed him to lead the development of VeChain in Europe.
- Lukas Hatala, CTO of DXC.technology, and the Director of International Affairs for BlockChain Slovakia. Mr. Hatala founded Neuromorphics Europe and has worked with HP Labs, the European Commission in Brussels and on international GTM projects
where he pioneered technologies centered around IoT and Edge computing.
- Anouk Pinchetti, a technologist and educator, who has been designing and building complex IT systems for over two decades. By developing and delivering different workshops through the Blockchain Centre, the New Money Institute, the Intraverse Institute, and New Systems Training, Anouk has educated universities, large corporations, and government departments on the impact, risks, and opportunities that Distributed Ledger Technology represents.
- Alexander Knoll, the 14-year-old founder of the Ability app, an app that helps people with disabilities navigate public spaces and find services and employment. He is also an international speaker who has appeared on the Ellen DeGeneres Show multiple times, to discuss the future of tech and the inclusion of people with disabilities.
Experienced and novice enthusiasts alike are now invited to join the brilliant minds in the outstanding Bratislava Castle and become part of the discussion about the future of blockchain technology in the public sector on the 10th of October, 2019.
Learn more about BLOCKWALKS and get your tickets here – https://blockwalks.com/2019/
Contact Email: [email protected]
BLOCKWALKS 2019 is the source of this content. Virtual currency is not legal tender, is not backed by the government, and accounts and value balances are not subject to consumer protections. This press release is for informational purposes only. The information does not constitute investment advice or an offer to invest.
About Bitcoin PR Buzz:
Bitcoin PR Buzz has been proudly serving the PR and marketing needs of Bitcoin and digital currency tech start-ups for over 5 years. Get your own professional Bitcoin and digital currency Press Release. Click here for more information.